Friday, March 6, 2015

Here's The Truth...

I have been a teacher for ten years now.  For the first seven, I taught second, third, and fourth grades.  After that, I was ready for a change.  After some soul searching, I packed my general ed bags and moved to a new school right into the resource classroom to teach art where I have been for the past three years.  Despite my art background in grad and undergrad school as well as teaching summer school art, nothing could have prepared me for the big surprise I was in for and there have definitely been many ups and downs.  All of it worth while, all of it helped me to grow as an educator, all of it makes my heart smile.  In this blog, I want to share all of the tips, tricks, and lessons in art that I have learned and to share what 650 kids (all under the age of ten) have taught me in return.  So sit back and relax, I went to the rodeo for the both of us, all you have to do is coast right along and enjoy the view from where you are - at a safe distance and free of paint, boogers, and glue. 

-Yours truly, 


Nichole :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment